Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Leaps and Bounds

Before I had knee surgery I was down on myself and eating whatever I wanted. The result? Gaining weight. Imagine that. ;0)

Since knee surgery I had been doing physical therapy and staying active. 26 days ago some co-workers and i started a new eating plan. I have since lost 23.8 lbs as of this morning. I finished physical therapy last week and joined Eagle fitness this week. I will be mainly using stationary bike, doing squats and various other floor and exercise ball techniques that I learned while doing physical therapy. I have learned new ways to work out with less impact on my knee and also how everything is connected. I can't just work my knee and then be done. I have to work my calves, quads, hips, glutes, obliques and abs. All of those are connected and aid in my recovery.

My weight loss is also going to aid in my recovery. Not only for my knee but for me as a whole. I want to be happy when I look in the mirror. I want to see the beauty that other people see in me. People have told me that they can already see the change taking place in my physical body. I know it's there I just can't see it. I am aiming for at least another 10lbs of weight loss in the 16 days that I have left of this stage of the eating plan. If I exceed the 10lbs I will be the lightest I have been since about high school. Life has changed a lot in the last 6 months and I am loving every minute of it right now.

I am going to try to keep this blog more current because my journey is rolling along and I want to look back and remember these times.

Thank you all for keeping up with me and reading what has been going on in my life.

1 comment: